After reading this Article you will be able to hide files under images so that others aren’t able to get them out.
- Files to Hide
- A picture (I recommend .jpg format) in which files will be hidden
- Command Prompt (or MS-DOS)
Follow the steps below:
- Put the files which you want to hide in a WinRAR archive. Then you get a single file:(‘filename’.rar).Since now I’ll be reffering to the archive as “files.rar”.
- Create a folder named “Secret” on the disk where Windows is installed (usually C:\\).You can choose any other name for the folder as far as you remember it.
- Put ‘files.rar’ in “Secret” along with the .jpg image. Let us assume the .jpg image to be “cover.jpg”.
- Preparation Done…!!!
- Now its time for the real operation.Go to ‘Run'(Windows Logo Key+R) and type “cmd” without quotes.
- Now you are on to command prompt. The default position of CMD (command prompt) is C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]>
- What we got to do is to point it to the folder ‘Secret’. To do this type:”cd C:\Secret\” without quotes. cd stands for Chnge Directory.
- Now type:”copy /b cover.jpg + files.rar output.jpg”.
- Go to the folder “Secret”. There you will see a file “output.jpg”. That file contains your archive which has your hidden files.
- Now you can only open the files in the image “output.jpg” using WinRAR by right-clicking on “output.jpg” and choosing the option ‘Open with…’ and then selecting WinRAR.
Keep your Secrets SAFE!