ProRat is a RAT (Remote Administration Tool), made by the PRO Group. It is just an awesome program for remotely administering another PC.
SNAP of ProRat:
Its features are:
- Remote Control
- System Info, App. Status, Task Manager
- Add Processes, Files, Download Files
- Some Funny Stiff for Fun
- Admin FTP
- Give Damage: Format Drives
- Remote Downloader
- Run MS-DOS Command, Batch Script, VBScript
- Add a Registry Entry
- Keylogger: Password Recording
- Screnshots, Direct Windows Viewing
- Send Message, Chat
- Shutdown, Restart, Control Panel, IExplorer, Registry, Printer and Online Controls
- Much More…Get ProRat to check it out…!
Download it from the Official Site…
Official Site: http://www.prorat.net
Wikipedia: “SQL injection is a code injection technique that exploits a security vulnerability occurring in the database layer of an application. The vulnerability is present when user input is either incorrectly filtered for string literal escape characters embedded in SQL statements or user input is not strongly typed and thereby unexpectedly executed. It is an instance of a more general class of vulnerabilities that can occur whenever one programming or scripting language is embedded inside another.”Read more…
Microsoft Corp: “SQL injection is an attack in which malicious code is inserted into strings that are later passed to an instance of SQL Server for parsing and execution. Any procedure that constructs SQL statements should be reviewed for injection vulnerabilities because SQL Server will execute all syntactically valid queries that it receives. Even parameterized data can be manipulated by a skilled and determined attacker.”Read more…
I wont be explaining much over here as this is just introduction to SQL Strings not a Tutorial [:)].
So by reading the above excerpts you might have got the idea of what a SQL Injection is. SQL strings are the malicious codes which are used for hacking into sites with such vulnerability. What a hacker does is:
- Searches sites which have SQL vulnearabilities.
- Once he’s done with it then comes the SQL Strings. He gets a list of strings or makes them on his own and then tries the strigs one-by-one. It is time consuming so a programmer can make a app for doing this job, just like cracking softwares. An example for a string would be ‘ or 1=1, anypassword
- If he’s successful he would get into the Administration of the site. From there he can edit the full site and its contents.
As I said in my recent post, I am here with the ways to secure “File and Printer Sharing”.
Here they go:
- Don’t enable File and Printer Sharing if you don’t have the need for it, I mean if you don’t have a LAN or if you don’t have to share any Files or Printer with a network computer.
- When having the File and Printer Sharing enabled, Password-protect the shared drives. This can be done by clicking the “Make this Folder Private” option under the ‘Sharing’ tab under the ‘Properties’ of the shared drive.
- Don’t share the root of a drive. If you have to share specific files and/or folders then drag them diretly to the “Shared Documents” Folder.
- To disable the File and Printer Sharing, go to “Network Connections” and check the properties of your network (usually named ‘Local Area Connection’) and uncheck the “File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks”.