It was a good evening & I had planned to download some cool stuff. I got the download links and started downloading the files, the files were hosted on MegaUpload.com. Downloaded two files and then came the number of third one, tried to download it and got a message that my download limit has exceeded or else I had to wait for some additional time to the default waiting time (45 seconds).
This seemed very annoying to me, and I wanted to download the files somehow without waiting for a long time. After thinking for a some time, an idea came up in my mind. It was “cookies” (not the cookies you eat :P), the browser cookies!
And if you clear those cookies, Megaupload would think that you haven’t downloaded files in the past time and you would have to wait the default 45 seconds.
Here are the steps:
- After downloading one or two files, go to the download link of the third file. Don’t enter the code and don’t start the download.
- Now go to” Tools->Options…” in the Menubar. Switch to the “Privacy” tab in the “Options” window.
- In “Privacy” tab, under the subheading “Cookies”, click on “Show Cookies…”.
- A window would pop-up with the title “Cookies”, there would be a search box in that window. In that search box, type “MegaUpload.com”.
- This will filter all the cookies and bring up the cookies which are from MegaUpload. Then, select all those MegaUpload cookies using shift, and press the “Remove Cookies” option at the bottom.
- Then refresh the download page and start the download.
- Repeat these steps to continue downloading more file. :)