The default folder in Windows where your Apps are installed is C:\Program Files. There’s a registry hack which allows you to change this default location to any other location of your wish. The Installation dirctory can be manally chosen while installing an App, but it’s better to apply this hack if you want to permanantly install Apps in any other directory except C:\Program Files.
Here are the steps to do it:
- Open Registry Editor (Windows Key + R, and then type “regedit” and hit Enter).
- Browse to this direcory : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
- In “CurrentVersion“, look for “ProgramFilesDir” and double-click on it.
- In the “Value data“, enter the desired location.
- Hereafter, the Apps will be installed in the directory that you choose.
This trick can be useful if the C: drive is out of space and you want to shift apps to any other drive!