In Windows, some files, mostly system files and viruses have a bad habit of not getting deleted easily. You have to close “explorer.exe” and then delete them through “cmd.exe”, and sometimes even that doesn’t helps!
These files mostly give out these errors when you attempt to delete them:
- Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- There has been a sharing violation.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
For these purposes, I use a handy tool which helps me to delete, move and copy the protected files. It’s called Unlocker, it unlocks files from the processes that are using it, thus the name “Unlocker” :)
The Unlocker Assistant always stays there in the system tray to help you out. And using Unlocker is very easy, just install it and then right-click on the file that you are struggling with and click “Unlocker” and then choose what you want to do with the file…
Try this software, its really cool :)
Download: via FileHippo