The stuff given below won’t work for all (there’s no gurantee :D)!!!
It most have happened atleast once to all of you, that your Windows got corrupted and a BlueScreen appeared whenever you tried to boot Windows.
If you have got a Windows Installation CD but you don’t want to re-install it again, then you can give a try to repairing it using the “Windows Recovery Console” present in the Windows Installation CD…
Boot your Windows Installation CD (check the BIOS settings if the CD dosen’t boots). Then:
- At the first installation prompt, press “R”, this should load the recovery console.
- Then type “chkdsk“(or “chkdsk C:“) in the recovery console…this would check your harddisk for errors and automatically fix it if any.
- Then type “fixboot“, this command will try to repair any boot damages done by viruses.
- Re-boot your PC and let the Windows load. If you’re lucky, Windows would load up or else you’ll again get a BSoD!!!
- Then there is still a way to recover your documents from the Windows Directory…Use a Linux LiveCD or something like that to backup your data that was present in the Windows Installation Directory (C:) & then re-install Windows :P
- If that fails too, or if you don’t know how to work on linux, then you can try the “Windows Automated System Recovery Console“.
- While at the first installation prompt, press enter and follow the processes till you reach the screen that shows you the installed Windows, then press R to try to repair it…things will go on automatic…
Note: Please report if any of the above steps are wrong ‘coz I had forgetten the procedures while writing this post :|