Firmware is the root software of? a device, just like the Operating System on computers. Keeping your phone up-to-date, with the latest firmware is what keeps your phone lively! Nokia releases many firmware updates with bug-fixes, extra features or just improved versions. If you have the latest firmware installed on your Nokia gadget, you can be sure to have access to the latest softwares that come into existence and the most latest features that roll out! (more…)
VOIP or Voice Over Internet Protocol enables you to make phone calls over the net. We can see that more and more people everyday are replacing their regular calls with VOIP calls due to extremely cheap call rates, especially for international calls. Nowadays, even mobile phones are coming with in-built VOIP features so that you can easily set them up and start using it right away!
Were you ever frustrated when you weren’t able to install an app/game due to Certificate Errors? Or in other words, the “unsigned” apps? If yes, then this is the post for you! Now you can install unsigned applications on your mobile phone smoothly! (more…)
In one of my recent posts I explained what is RAID Array, what are its pros and cons and how you can calculate the RAID array capacity, speed and tolerance online – over here. In this post I’m going to talk about a software that I recently came across, that can help you to recover your RAID Array if it stops working for any reason. (more…)
No doubt that Windows XP is one of the best Operating Systems, but there are still some who don’t know much about it; just as normal Window. I am going to tell you five awesome tips which Windows XP users can try on their Operating systems. These are some untold tips which are hard to find on internet. These are:
How do I get the “Administrator” name on Welcome Screen?
– To get Admin account on the “Welcome Screen” as well as the other usernames, make sure that there are no accounts logged in. Press “CTRL-ALT-DEL” twice and you should be able to login as administrator. It will work fine just remember all accounts have to be logged out first.
Create a Password Reset Disk
– If you’re running Windows XP Professional as a local user in some work group environment,
you can create a password reset disk to log onto your computer when you forget your
password. To create the disk just follow these simple steps:
- Click Start, select Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
- Click your account name. Under related Tasks, click Prevent a forgotten password.
- Follow the directions in the Forgotten Password Wizard to create a password reset disk.
- Store the disk in a secure location because anyone using it can access your local user
Change Web Page Font Size on the Fly
– If your mouse contains a scrolling wheel, you can change font size of the web pages while
viewing them. To do so:
Press and hold CTRL. Scroll down to enlarge the font size and Scroll up to reduce the font
Create a Shortcut to Lock your Computer
You can create a shortcut on your desktop to quickly lock the keyboard and display. To create a
shortcut on your desktop to lock your computer:
- Right-click the desktop. Point to New, and then click Shortcut.
- The Create Shortcut Wizard opens. In the text box, type the following: rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for the shortcut. You can call it Lock or choose any name you like.
- Click Finish.
- Now just double click this shortcut next time you want to lock your computer.
Instantly Activate a Screen saver
– Now you can activate a screen saver just by double clicking a shortcut on your desktop:
- Click the Start button, and then click Search.
- In the Search Companion window, click All file types.
- In the file name box, type *.scr
- In the Look in box, choose Local Hard Drives (C or the drive where you have system files stored).
- Click Search. You will see a list of screen savers in the results. Pick a screen saver you want. You can preview it
by double-clicking it.
- Right click on the file, choose Send To, and then click Desktop (create shortcut).
- To start the screen saver, double-click the icon on your desktop.
I hope you liked the tips. Do share your comments. :)