All Macs come pre-installed with Emacs — a highly customisable text-editor mostly known for being an interpreter for Emacs Lisp (programming language). What is lesser known about is that Emacs also has a number of games that can be played right from the terminal with just a line of command!
To find available games
- Open Finder.
- Use the following key combination.
Command + Shift + G
- Paste the following path in the window and hit go.
- This will take you to the list of games available to you.
How to play
- Open Terminal. (You can also go to Shell -> New Window -> Homebrew for a better background)
- Type the below command in terminal and hit enter.
- Now, use the following combination to issue commands to emacs. You’ll see M-x at the bottom of the window which implies you can now issue commands to emacs.
Esc + X
- Type the name of the game, for example dunnet to run it. You can also try tetris.