TrueCrypt is a free, open-source, disk encryption software which protects your disks/files from unauthorized access. It is a software with bundles of features, simple and advanced. Its main features are:
- Creation of virtual encrypted disks (&) mounting them as real disks.
- Encrypting the entire HDD or a partition of HDD.
- Encrypting a whole removable drive, such as USB Flash Disk.
- Encrypted Disks can contain Hidden OS.
- Encrypted disks can be made hidden, so that you’re not forced by anyone to reveal the password and view your files.
- TrueCrypt Volumes cannot be identified, it will appear as an unknown file. (Unless you have the TrueCrypt Software directly installed on your PC, and the format of your volumes is shifted to .tc instead of anyfiles( .*).
- TrueCrypt supports the following algorithms:
I myself have tried TrueCrypt on my USB and found it super!
You can get more information of TrueCrypt from its official site: http://www.truecrypt.org
- From Easy Share: Click Here!
- From Easy Share: Portable Version– Click here!