Youtube is the best entertainment portal on the net. It has a vast collection of videos and more videos than any other video site on the net. Everyone who has ever visited Youtube would have wondered, “Can I download this videos?” and must have tried up many ways an would have got disappointed or would have been succeeded in getting .flv videos.
I was able to download videos in flv format but it was a disaster and time-waste for me to convert them to mp4 and moreover I was not satisfied with the video quality of the converts.
Now I’ve found a way with which I can download .mp4 videos directly from Youtube. I’ll be telling of it to you all in this post…
- Internet Download Manager (Click here to download) or Orbit Downloader (Click here to download).
- Internet Connection:)
- Install Internet Download Manager (IDM) or any other relevant.
- Go to Youtube.com and watch the video.
- Add &fmt=18 to the URL of the video (without any gap or space). Example:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyTJ114IOSc
- After adding it would look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyTJ114IOSc&fmt=18
- Then download the video with IDM or whatever software you had installed. You will see that it comes in MP4 format.
The secret of this is that recently Youtube was doing some tests with its videos. It started providing the videos in HQ by adding links saying “Watch this video in High Quality”. What this link does is that it adds &fmt=6 to the URL of the video.
Other codes which can be used are:
- &fmt=6 (normal HQ)
- &fmt=12 (better than before)
- &fmt=16 (clode to MP4)
- &fmt=18(outputs the MP4 file of the video instead of FLV, thus giving MP4 quality)
- &fmt=22(highest quality, somewhat more HQ than MP4 and more advanced)